Friday, August 28, 2009

Nine Books

1. 1984 by George Orwell- I love the part discussing "The Book," which everyone else finds to be the most boring part of the novel.
2. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri- An engaging and fresh take on a coming of age novel.
3. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden- An intimate look at the life of a geisha. Fun to read while still being informative.
4. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- Ridiculously addictive- I can never stop reading them until I finally finish.
5. The Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith- A fun action novel that is based in history.
6. The Nancy Drew Series by Caroline Keene- I read every single Nancy Drew novel in the second grade- they inspired my love of reading.
7. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown- I love action books that are historically based.
8. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert- A beach read that actually has substance.
9. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini- a touching story of love and sacrifice within chaos.

1 comment:

  1. Ariel, I've heard of Memoirs of a Geisha but haven't gotten around to it yet. But the Seventh Scroll is new to me. I'm glad you have such a strong memory of your attachment to the Nancy Drew series as a young girl. I also like your ability to identify that a part of a book that others didn't care for was the part that made it memorable for you. Thanks for a thoughtful list.

    ReplyDelete